Since the 1950s, the TIEC/TIEP Sponsored Student Program has assisted international students in the United States to maximize their experiences in intensive English and academic degree studies in American colleges and universities.
More than 50 sponsors in over 20 countries, representing governments, educational institutions, corporations and other organizations, have utilized our services to enhance students’ opportunities.
Tailored to complement, rather than duplicate, the services of sponsoring agencies, the TIEC/TIEP Sponsored Student Program reduces the overall cost to sponsors by enabling students to complete their academic objectives in the shortest time.
The professional staff of TIEC/TIEP have assisted more than 2,500 students in completing their academic programs and returning to their home countries.
To see examples of Sponsored Student Programs we have conducted, please see the TIEC website here:
TIEC is authorized by the United States Department of State to issue Form DS-2019, the Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitors (J-1), for international students, professors, research scholars, and short-term scholars who take part in J-1 Exchange Visitor programs at participating Texas universities.
The TIEC/TIEP Sponsored Student Program offers the following services:
- Immigration assistance including issuance of immigration documents
- Arrival support including airport pick-up, orientation to the U.S. and local community, and assistance with housing and local banking
- Ongoing communication with sponsor via fax, telephone, mail, courier, and electronic mail
- Toll-free telephone line to students and sponsors accessible within the continental U.S.
- Health insurance coverage as required
- Financial services including accounts receivable privileges and consolidated invoicing to sponsor
- Other services requested by the sponsor.
- Academic advising upon arrival to U.S.
- Testing of English language and communication skills
- Placement in English language courses and/or test preparation courses
- Facilitation of university selection and admission
University Enrollment Services
- Assignment of a TIEC student advisor to work with the campus advisor
- Campus visits to monitor student progress
- Progress reports to sponsor including course schedules and grades